At dental practice Villa Westhof this performance is always performed as a separate consultation in response to a question or problem from a patient, or a follow-up consultation in response to a previous question or problem, including updating the medical history. This service may not be charged for if the problem is the result of a service provided by the same healthcare provider in the past two months and if aftercare is described as part of the service.
Examples of a problem-oriented consultation are
- Cleaning and disinfection of the wound (wound toilet)
- Treating an inflammation of the extraction wound (alveolitis)
- Incision of abscesses
- Providing instructions and guidance on the jaw joint, tailored to the patient in question; for example, exercise instruction movement of the lower jaw.
- Lifting of acute jaw joint problems (gnathological problems), such as dislocation (luxation) and jaw clamp (closed lock)
- Pointing (sensitive) tooth necks
- Removal of pressure points from prosthetics
- Opening the tooth cavity (pulp chamber) without further extensive cleaning
- A trauma consultation
- Determining DETI score A.